You know what really sets off a home? The smell of fresh baked goods. Since my pants are getting a little tight around the waistline, I’m abstaining from sweets for a couple of weeks but I’m just going to get my virtual fix by sharing with you one of the best chocolate chip cookie recipes. If you have a sweet tooth like me, you’ll love this chocolate chip cookie recipe from Paula Deen. I’ve tried several variations of chocolate chip cookies over the years, but this is my favorite by far. (I mean, should I expect anything less from Paula Deen?)
With three different chocolates, you know you can’t go wrong.
This is also a perfect recipe for cooking with the kids because it’s so easy to make. The boys like dumping the ingredients in the bowl and helping me stir the mixture.
Three Chocolate Cookies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 3 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup almond brickle chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and shortening at medium speed until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate morsels and almond brickle chips.
- Drop cookies by 1/4 cupfuls about 3-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool.