This week I’m sharing a behind-the-scenes look at my life as part of the Week In My Life series hosted by Melissa at Adventuroo. Here’s the Day #2 recap.This week has been peculiarly rough. My initial plan was to fill y’all in on all the kids’ whining, tantrums and crying incidents we witnessed on Tuesday, but I got discouraged the higher the count ran. Plus, the more I thought about it, I was reminded that what we dwell on or think on is what we tend to get more of. Since I certainly don’t want more of what we’ve been experiencing, I decided to pick out the bright spots of the day, instead.
- I’m a bit of a book junkie. Seeing my free copy of the Zappos 2011 Culture Book in the mail made me happy. Zappos is often ranked as one of the best companies to work for in the country, and this book is all about how they go about creating such an enjoyable culture.
- Hubbie’s work trip to D.C. was canceled meaning I don’t have to wrangle the kids by myself this week.
- It also means I don’t have to miss my boot camp class. I was so proud of myself for making it to class on Tuesday because I sooooo did not want to be exercising. I fought my way through it and had a really good workout.
- Samuel came home from school singing songs from the Israel and New Breed CD, Jesus at the Center. The boys even asked to watch the Jesus at the Center DVD for their nightly movie. (Te Amo is their favorite song in case you’re wondering.)
- The new Hope for the Weary Mom book launched on Tuesday. As a member of the book’s launch team, I was thrilled to hear over 10,000 copies had been scooped up on the first day. (If you’re interested, I also get to give away a free copy here on my blog on November 7th.)
- And best of all, the benefits of working for a small company earned another notch. Since the company picked up the cost of the new iPhone 5 for the other two guys I work with, guess who else gets one? The only thing is, I really like my current iPhone, so I took a chance and asked if I could have one of these instead…