I’m always tickled by “things you won’t hear at…” or “things you won’t hear from…” type lists and thought it’d be fun to see how I could put a parenting parenting spin on them.
1. Oh, that’s your last bite of cake? You eat it, mama. We’ll have carrots instead.
2. I wiped the toilet seat after I used the bathroom.
3. I’m putting this cookie in the trash because it fell on the floor and Jazzy (the dog) licked it.
4. Broccoli is so yummy.
5. I’m tired of playing with iPads and iPhones. We have a room full of toys right here.
6. I put away all my toys and shoes so you wouldn’t have to ask.
7. I love sitting still in my chair during meals.
8. We’ll sit here quietly and look through our books while you’re on the phone.
9. No problem, it can wait until you’re out of the restroom.
10. We won’t ask you to buy us anything while we’re at SuperTarget.
11. Sharing is fun.
12. I think we’re old enough to start doing chores around the house.
13. We’re so over running and hiding in the clothes while we’re at the mall. That’s for babies.
14. Would it be ok if we use our inside voice?
15. Thank you for making sure we always have food to eat and clean clothes. You’re the best parents, ever!
While I may not hear my kids say any of these things this year, I’m keeping hope alive that I will one day. Of course, you do understand that none of the items on this list have anything to do with home training (or should I say, lack thereof). Heh-heh!
Now, what I’d really love to know is what’ll be on our kids’ “things we won’t hear our parents say” list in a few years.
Your turn. What’s on your “things I won’t hear my kids say” list?
p.s. I must credit the Blissdom blog for inspiring this post. If you’ve ever attended a blogging conference, you’ll want to read, Top 15 Phrases You’ll Never Hear at a Social Media Conference.