So much to do and so little time. As I go on this journey from house to home, I thought it’d be cool to have a recap of all the projects that I’m working on and those I’d like to complete. Hopefully, this will help keep me focused and on-track (being the major procrastinator that I am) and also remind me that things are getting done.
- Finish painting the ceilings and walls.
- Organize the closet.
- Dress up the bulletin board.
- Add a reading chair.
- Add toy storage.
- Maybe add a pretty rug and lamps.
- Add some wall art.
- Paint the ceiling fan.
Trim and shape the bushes
- Transplant some of the bushes in the front yard to the backyard
Put mulch in the flowerbeds
- Frame flower beds with bricks
- Kill weeds
Plant flowers in the flower pots Buy patio furniture
- Get charcoal grill
Switch out dome light with pendant light
- Paint front door
- Buy large door mat
Paint back door
Add cabinet knobs Get a new ironing board cover Make some wall art Add a window treatment Paint cabinets Put up some baskets to cover up the pipes Consolidate laundry baskets
- Paint laundry baskets or get new ones
Find new home for floor cleaning machines Find new home for waste basket and toilet brushes
- Organize cabinet contents
- Paint the walls a color that complements the contact paper
Add contact paper to the bottom of the shelves for a more seamless look
- Try some chalkboard paint on the door
And one day when I get enough money to buy a Cricut or similar machine…add some fancy vinyl labels to the jars.
Take down closet rod Add shelving
- Paint the interior or add name signs or other wall art
Add baskets for loose items
My Latest Home Projects
Switch out “adult” decorations with more kid-friendly stuff (new shower curtain, rugs and accessories) Add color
- Hang wall art
Refinish and paint desk (try antiquing glaze) New drawer knobs/pulls
- Window treatment
- Bookshelf/storage unit
- Area rug
Desk organizers/inbox/desk tray
- Desk chair
- Chair mat
- Desk lamp
Trash can Contact paper/fabric for lining desk drawers and metro unit shelves Baskets/buckets for metro unit
- Wall art (play room rules?)
- Floating shelves
- Paint Hot Wheels box (chalkboard paint?)
- Hang t.v. on wall
- Pillows for sofa
- New lampshade or new floor lamp
- Kick recliner to the curb