Have you decided to revamp your space with wallpapers in 2022? Wallpapers are having a comeback this year, especially elegant and luxurious textured wallpapers.
Textured wallpapers are a great way to add character, drama and depth into space and bring a space to life. If you feel that your space looks flat and could do with some elements of style and design, then don’t overthink and install textured wallpapers into your space.
Are you new to the world of textured wallpapers? Fret not, we have got your back. We have come up with a complete guide that will help you learn everything you need to know about textured wallpapers.
Why install textured wallpapers?
- You have the liberty to go for whimsical and trendy wallpaper textures as you can get rid of them whenever you are bored of them.
- They are durable and you don’t have to worry about them chipping off unlike in the case of textured paints.
- You can transform an eyesore area and make it look aesthetic by simply installing an elegant textured wallpaper.
- They are versatile and you can use them almost anywhere from the living room, bedroom, dining room to your powder room and kitchen.
What are the different types of textured wallpapers?
There are a plethora of textured wallpapers that you can choose from. Here are some different types of textured wallpapers that you can install this year.
- Visual Textured Wallpaper
As the name suggests, this type of wallpaper visually appears textured but when you get closer and touch it, you will realise that it has a smoother surface. The 3D textured effect is made possible with the help of hues, shadows and highlights. Faux effect wallpapers like brick, wood and concrete walls are all visual textured wallpapers. These wallpapers are minimalistic, yet they instantly accentuate a place and make it look chic and classy.
- Light Textured Wallpaper
These wallpapers are slightly raised and have a more defined tactile finish in comparison to the visual textured wallpapers. Wallpapers made of grasscloth, cork and glass beads fall under this category. People who want to add a touch of elegance and personality into their space but aren’t willing to go bold can consider going for this subtle yet stylish textured wallpaper type. If you have a bohemian themed house, then you can consider getting a beige basket weave grasscloth wallpaper in the living room.
- Highly Textured Wallpaper
Just like light-textured wallpaper, highly textured wallpapers come in grasscloth, natural fabric and glass bead material, however, they have a more defined and rougher textured surface. Since the textures are so obvious, they are great if you want your walls to be the showstopper of a room. Not only does this type of wallpaper add a real oomph to your room’s aesthetic but it is also great to hide the dents and imperfections on the walls. A pro tip is to use Asian Paints’ Nilaya wallpapers in your bedroom to make it look opulent without spending a fortune.
What to keep in mind before you buy a textured wallpaper?
- Remember to buy a sample of the textured wallpaper and observe throughout the day how it reacts to light to make an informed decision.
- If you are sceptical about using textured wallpaper throughout a room, you can pick the ceiling or a feature wall and experiment with textured wallpapers on them.
- Keep in mind that textured wallpapers made of fragile materials like grasscloth are ideal for low traffic areas like your bedroom or study.
Textured wallpapers help to add warmth, dimension and a larger than life feel to your place. Browse through the wide range of Asian Paints’ Nilaya wallpapers and make your space look luxurious on a budget.