There are many options for kitchen remodeling, no matter how small or large your space. You can find inspiration from some of today’s top designers to help you design a kitchen that is functional and attractive.
Look at these layout and design options:
- Perfect for entertaining – If your house is full of people on Fridays and Saturdays, and they spend most of their time in the kitchen, you will want a design that can be used for parties and other gatherings. You will want large islands that have plenty of seating so your friends can see you cook and enough space to place additional tables and chairs.
- It’s all about texture. If you want to create contrast in your kitchen remodel ideas, try mixing different materials. Mixing white subway tiles with a patterned rug, wooden cabinets with metal barstools and concrete flooring can be a great idea. There are many options!
- Farmhouse flair is possible without having to live in a farmhouse. For any style of the house, you can add beautiful wood floors and exposed beams to create a farmhouse-inspired look.
- Color palettes that are creative – You can use color in your kitchen. This goes for the backsplash and walls as well. Play with color and paint your cabinets or island purple. No longer are your cabinets limited to being white or wood toned. You can choose from a grey hue, which is becoming a very popular choice. Retro appliances are also available in incredible reds, pinks, and blues.
- Open spaces – HGTV is all about the open concept. A home with large open spaces is more attractive and brighter than one that has many walls. If you can remove the wall between your kitchen and the rest and design a layout that allows it to flow naturally into the adjacent rooms.
- Bronze is the boss – Kitchen fixtures used to be made of brushed nickel, brushed nickel, or gold on rare occasions. Bronze is now the most popular metal. It is great for industrial kitchens but can also be used with other styles. You can find bronze lighting fixtures, barstools, cabinet hardware, and other decor items. If you choose bronze, consider using a darker color for your countertops.
- Make your kitchen stand out – Use dramatic kitchen remodeling ideas with lots of black cabinets, islands, and countertops. For the island, bronze or gold pendant lights can be used. A marbled white floor will keep it from getting too dark. To maintain the drama, you don’t need many accessories.
- Functional and streamlined – Not everyone wants a lot of fuss in their kitchen. They want the kitchen to function as it should be – to cook and eat. Don’t complicate the design and don’t add too many accessories. Your kitchen will look clean with stainless steel appliances and plain white cabinets. You can dress it up with some floral arrangements or bar stools. Keep it simple, otherwise.
- Even though your kitchen is small, it can still be useful. Your layout should be organized so that your cooking necessities (fridge, stove, oven) are on one side and your cleaning needs (dishwasher, basin). It will be much easier to navigate.
Upgrading your appliances in your kitchen can also enhance the look, but might not always be necessary. For help deciding whether to replace appliances or not, take a look at the infographic below.
Provided by Gene May Heating & Cooling – ac repair Joliet